Family Health Care Center is proud to announce that we have received Level 3 Recognition from the National Committee of Quality Assurance for their Physician Practice Connections® - Patient-Centered Medical Home™ recognition program. We were part of a pilot group in Georgia, led by the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians, to go through the process and achieve the status as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Practices who meet the Physician Practice Connection standards demonstrate they have established connections to information, patients and other providers that allow them to:
- Know and use patient histories
- Follow up with patients and other providers
- Manage patient populations and use evidence–based care
- Employ electronic tools to prevent medical errors
You may ask, “What is a Medical Home?” A Medical Home is a team-based approach to providing health care. A partnership develops between the patient, his or her PCP, and a health care team. Together, we will work to coordinate the services you need to provide the best healthcare possible. There are many advantages to the Medical Home approach, such as:
- Reduced emergency room visits as a result of us having same day appointments available
- Comprehensive care for chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia
- Proactively contacting you to schedule follow-up appointments at a time that is convenient for you
- Help coordinate your follow-up and specialty appointments
- Use of our online patient portal to submit appointment requests, refill requests, etc.
We are here to provide the highest quality care available to Bulloch and surrounding counties. Our clinicians are also recognized by NCQA for their Diabetes Recognition Program. NCQA’s Diabetes Recognition Program recognizes clinicians who have met standards demonstrating delivery of high-quality care to patients with diabetes. Our nurse practitioners are also Certified Diabetes Educators and insulin pump trainers, and they provide accredited group and individual diabetes education.
We are proud to be your Medical Home. Please encourage your family and friends to come and see us as well and call 912-489-4090 today to schedule an appointment.
If you would like to learn more about Patient-Centered Medical Homes, please click here to view a short video. This video was created by Emmi Solutions and TransforMED and provides an engaging and education multimedia experience that helps patients understand the Patient-Centered Medical Home and their important role in the collaborative health and wellness relationship with their primary care practice. (Source: http://www.transformed.com/resources/pcmh.cfm)